About the ARC
The ARC’s Mission:
To facilitate and assist homeowners in improving their property values, while ensuring that Genesee remains aesthetically harmonious and well-maintained.
To maintain the visual cohesion of our community through years of renovations, repairs, additions and new builds.
- Focus on the client and all else will follow
- Commitment to success
- Respect for all
- Transparency and openness
- Accountability and ownership
*recording available soon
Current ARC Members
Beth Moran | Elected Resident Chair
Todd Crowe | Architect
Lesanne Dominguez | Landscape Architect
Jerry Westhoff | Architect
Frank Beebe | Resident Volunteer
Michael Thomas | Resident Volunteer
Frequently Asked Questions
The Architectural Review Committee (ARC) consists of five members: two are residents who volunteer their time and three are paid professionals with expertise in land planning, site planning and architecture. Of the two volunteer members, community residents elect one and the Genesee Foundation Board of Directors appoints the remaining member.
- Moveable planter boxes and the plantings in those boxes.
- Hanging flower pots.
- Outdoor furniture, grills and free standing hammocks.
- Moveable wall art or yard ornaments not visible from other Lots, trails on Open Space or roadways.
- Planting off Flowers, shrubs and/or other plants in previously approved areas provided the plants do not exceed six feet in height at maturity.
- Plantings in one area per lot (including backyards) not to exceed 100 square feet. Plantings that serve as hedges and/or those that will exceed six feet in height at maturity are not to be included in these areas.
- Replacement of a dead tree with an identical species tree of the same or shorter height. Please note that the removal of dead trees is subject to the Genesee Tree Removal Policies and Procedures.
- Satellite dishes not exceeding one meter (3.37ft) in diameter. (See Section 2.5.4.)
- Sealcoating of asphalt driveways.
- The placement of temporary roll offs, sanitary facilities or storage facilities on the driveway of an existing Dwelling which is expected to be removed within sixty (60) days.
- Seasonal and holiday decorations
- Roof repairs covering 10% or less of the surface of the roof and using identical material to that which covers the other 90% of the roof.
- Repainting a Dwelling using the same color and material(s).
- Installing an invisible dog fence at least ten feet from the property line. Note that any disturbed ground must be re-graded and re-seeded with Genesee grass mix, which is available from the Foundation office.
The ARC meets on the first and third Thursday of each month at the virtually starting at 8:30am. All meetings are open to all residents and residents do not have to be present for the ARC to review their submittal. If you would like to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All exterior Construction activities that create noise disturbances, including but not limited to Demolition, excavation, foundation forming and placement, framing, roofing, siding, exterior trim installation and landscaping, shall be limited to the following hours:
Monday – Friday | 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday | 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday & None Legal Holidays | None
You will need to submit for any exterior changes to property in the Genesee Foundation.
The deadline for submittals is noon on the Friday prior to the ARC meeting. Submittal deadlines are on Friday at 12 noon the week before the meeting.