About the ARC

The ARC’s Mission:

The Architectural Review Committee (ARC) is responsible for facilitating and assisting homeowners in improving their properties, while ensuring consistency with the Governing Documents.

Our Vision:

To marry sustainable practices with designs that pay homage to the surrounding landscape.

Our Guiding Principles:

  • Improvements complement the natural landscape and retain the aesthetic and ecological integrity of our mountain environment.  
  • Improvements promote wildfire safe environments. 
  • All structures and improvements are subordinate to the natural environment.  
  • Structures and improvements maintain current architectural excellence while integrating the design with the surrounding environment.
  • Genesee remains a premier mountain community in which nature and people not only co-exist but also thrive.  

Current ARC Members

Beth Moran | Elected Resident Chair
Todd Crowe | Architect
Lesanne Dominguez | Landscape Architect
Frank Beebe | Resident Volunteer
Michael Thomas | Resident Volunteer

Frequently Asked Questions

The Architectural Review Committee (ARC) consists of five members: three are residents who volunteer their time and two are paid professionals with expertise in land planning, site planning and architecture. Of the three volunteer members, community residents elect one and the Genesee Foundation Board of Directors appoints the remaining members. 

  • Moveable planter boxes and the plantings in those boxes.
  • Hanging flower pots.
  • Outdoor furniture, grills and free standing hammocks.
  • Moveable wall art or yard ornaments not visible from other Lots, trails on Open Space or roadways.
  • Planting of flowers, shrubs and/or other plants in previously approved areas provided the plants do not exceed six feet in height at maturity.
  • Plantings in one area per lot (including backyards) not to exceed 100 square feet. Plantings that serve as hedges and/or those that will exceed six feet in height at maturity are not to be included in these areas.
  • Replacement of a dead tree with an identical species tree of the same or shorter height. Please note that the removal of dead trees is subject to the Genesee Tree Removal Policies and Procedures.
  • Satellite dishes not exceeding one meter (3.37ft) in diameter. (See Section 2.5.4.)
  • Sealcoating of asphalt driveways.
  • The placement of temporary roll offs, sanitary facilities or storage facilities on the driveway of an existing Dwelling which is expected to be removed within sixty (60) days.
  • Seasonal and holiday decorations
  • Roof repairs covering 10% or less of the surface of the roof and using identical material to that which covers the other 90% of the roof.
  • Repainting a Dwelling using the same color and material(s).
  • Installing an invisible dog fence at least ten feet from the property line. Note that any disturbed ground must be re-graded and re-seeded with Genesee grass mix, which is available from the Foundation office.

The ARC meets on the first and third Thursday of each month, virtually via Zoom, starting at 8:30 am. Meetings are open to all residents. It is not necessary for residents to attend for the ARC to review a submittal. If you would like to attend please email arc@geneseefoundation.org.

All exterior Construction activities that create noise disturbances, including but not limited to Demolition, excavation, foundation forming and placement, framing, roofing, siding, exterior trim installation and landscaping, shall be limited to the following hours:

Monday – Friday | 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Saturday | 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Sunday & None Legal Holidays | None

You will need to submit for all changes, excavations, additions, and/or improvements, to the exterior of your home, including all landscaping and Firewise landscaping changes and/or additions. 

The deadline for submittals is noon on the Friday prior to the ARC meeting. Submittal deadlines are on Friday at 12 noon the week before the meeting.

You can send your ARC submittal to arc@geneseefoundation.org to be reviewed.


Volunteer in Genesee