Thank you for your interest in advertising with the Genescene! Advertisements must be received by the second Monday of the month to be included in the next month’s issue. Ads received after this deadline will be automatically put in the following issue. Submissions well before the deadline are always appreciated.
Just like articles, photos should be submitted before the deadline which is 4pm on the 12th of the month prior to publication. There are two ways to submit photos:
- Inside Front Cover- $490 (Resident Rate) | $ 545 (Non-Resident Rate)
- Outside Back Cover- $400 (Resident Rate) | $445 (Non-Resident Rate)
- Inside Page Full Page- $465(Resident Rate) | $515 (Non-Resident Rate)
- Inside Page Half Page- $265 (Resident Rate)| $300 (Non-Resident Rate)
- Inside Page Quarter Page- $140 (Resident Rate) | $155 (Non-Resident Rate)
- Business Card Standard- $28 (Resident Rate) | $31 (Non-Resident Rate)
- Classified Ad – $6.30 a line (Resident Rate – after 4 lines $3.50 per line) | $7 a line (Non-Resident Rate – after 4 lines $4 each line) 2″ per line, 12 line max, size 10 font. Heading only will be bold, in caps. No asterisks.
Front inside & back covers are on a first come-first serve basis.
You may inquire to the availability by email or phone.
Business card ads require and are paid in minimum 4-month increments.
A PayPal invoice will be generated, and emailed for every ad request.
ELECTRONIC ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS FOR ADS:
We are using Adobe InDesign CC to design and produce The Genescene. Please note the following information and prepare your ad accordingly. Acceptable Mac/Windows file formats are JPG, tif, and pdf. We can accept pdf files only if they have been correctly distilled using press quality settings with all fonts and high-resolution graphics embedded.
Email camera-ready electronic ads 10 MB or smaller to email@example.com.
Share files larger than 10 MB to cloud-based sharing such as Dropbox, iPhotos, or Google Drive.
CHECKLIST FOR ELECTRONIC PRINT-READY ADS
Classified ads should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent via the online form located at www.genesefoundation.org/the-genescene.
- All images must be hi-resolution; at least 300 dpi. Do not “res up” low resolution images, especially web images. Please make sure that tifs and PDFs are flattened files that do not include layers.
- Do not include crop marks or any other print guides on submissions.
- Do not use images downloaded from the Internet. You must own the copyright to the images you use or have a legal license to use them.
- Scan business cards and email them to email@example.com. Photos of business cards received that are not clearly legible will not be used.
- Please contact the Genesee Foundation office if you have any questions or problems sending your ad to us.